News and commentary for the transgender, gender-nonconforming and allied community.
Posts tagged LGBTQ
Breaking News from 1999: Pat Robertson says transitioning is not a sin
- Letter Writer: I'm 40 years old and have had a sex change. I've been watching your program and was wondering if God forgave me. Should I live as I am now or go back to my birth gender?
- Pat Robertson: This is a very serious question and I appreciate it. There are people who are born with various types of hormonal activity in their bodies and they feel more male than female, and more female than male. I know a plastic surgeon here, in this area who indeed does that sort of thing and, ah, to accommodate what is going on in peoples lives.
- Terry Meeuwsen: This is a very legitimate hormonal thing happening.
- Pat Robertson: Exactly. So, it is not a sin. So you don't need to feel guilty... So you say, will God forgive me. Of course He will, He does. This isn't something that you have sinned and if you wish to get back and your 40 years old, it's not exctly too late. I know as I say, one man who can do a sex change reversal.
- Terry Meeuwsen: God is interested in what his heart, attitude is, speaking spiritually.
- Pat Robertson: God does not care what your external organs are. The question is whether you are living for God or not. Yes, He loves you. Yes, He forgives you and He understands what is going on in your body.
And yeah gay community, y’all need to back up off a POTUS that is not only the best ever when it comes to trans issues but is the best gay-friendly one as well. I’m a little concerned about the hell raising and drama that’s being ginned up in the white [gay and lesbian] world over an executive order that is not going to cover everyone and would be subject to be erased by the next GOP president.
I seem to recall the same screaming from predominately white GL peeps (many who have been either squishy about the POTUS or outright hostile to him even before he got elected) badgering him about doing an executive order to end discrimination against GL people in the military when he (the constitutional scholar) said it was going to take congressional legislative action to repeal Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
Turns out he was right then and y’all weren’t. Executive orders aren’t magic wands that end discrimination instantaneously ‘at the stroke of a pen’. Monica Roberts, “The POTUS Has Still Got This…But”